An alternative miner has been made avaialable for users who are using NVIDIA cards with less than 4GB of VRAM who were previously unable to mine due to the DAG size of Ethereum.
This new miner mines Zcash, a cryptocurrency with a smaller DAG size. Follow the directions below to enable this miner configuration in your client.
- Make sure you have the latest Games From Space client version installed
- Go to the Engine Room
- Select the configuration called "Alternative NVIDIA + 1 GB"
- Confirm Download.
- After activating, the engine should start using the new miner.
Also we have a little video for you that shows you how to activate the new configuration:
This miner should work best for NVIDIA 7xx, 8xx and 9xx users. It doesn't support AMD configurations (yet).
Known Issues and Troubleshooting
There are known issues with the new miner configuration.
- The download may fail or the progress bar is stuck
- Solution: Restart the client and try it again
- Your antivirus may be blocking the client from starting. Please review Why does my Anti Virus detect the GFS app as a threat? / How do I add an antivirus exception for GFS for details
If these troubleshooting steps did not resolve your issue, please submit a Support Request