Some users with sufficient GPU VRAM experience an issue whereby the engine does not start due to "insufficient GPU memory" . Another symptom that may occur is that the engine is paused and does not start.
Before attempting the following troubleshooting, please try to restart your client once.
Also review the minimum VRAM requirements for GFS as well:
- 4GB VRAM required for NVIDIA configuration
- 512MB VRAM required for NVIDIA alternative configuration
- 4GB VRAM required for OpenCL configuration
1. Anti Virus Exception
Due to recent exploits and illegal stealth miners, many anti virus programs are generally allergic to GPU miners - even the legit ones (More Details).
To resolve the issue:
- Make an exception in your anti virus software by
- excluding: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\games-from-space-client
- excluding: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Programs\games-from-space-client
- replacing the above USERNAME with your Windows user name / directory
- Re-install the Games From Space app
2. Microsoft Visual Studio Redistributable C++ 2015
The Games From Space app requires C++ 2015 to be installed on your machine.
- Check if you have C++ 2015 x64 installed
- If you have C++ 2017 please remove this before installing C++ 2015
- You do not need to re-install the Games from Space app (but it doesn't hurt either)
You can download C++ 2015 directly from Microsoft here
3. Corrupted Drivers
Sometimes drivers become corrupted over time (Anti Virus programs tend to be responsible) - in such a case also the performance of the Games From Space app is impacted (More Details).
How to update your drivers can be found here: Do I need specific Graphics Drivers?
4. NVIDIA 1060 (Code 43 Error)
In the an iteration of the NVIDIA drivers there is a bug that sometimes crashes the drivers. Please check this article from NVIDIA!
If you continue to experience your issue after following all the steps in this article, please create a Support Request to contact Support.
Keywords: Engine paused, 4GB, 1GB